Bulletproof coffee combines coffee, made from high quality beans, with unsalted butter and a medium chain triglyceride (MCT), such as that derived from coconut oil. The ingredients are blended together, served warm and resemble a creamy latte.
What are the health benefits of bullet coffee?
- 1. Bulletproof Coffee Gives You All the Benefits of Black Coffee,and More A regular cup of black coffee is full of nutrients and drinking coffee regularly has many health
- 1 Why is bullet coffee good for you?
- 2 Why do they call it bullet coffee?
- 3 What is the difference between bulletproof coffee and regular coffee?
- 4 What is bulletproof coffee diet?
- 5 Is it OK to drink bulletproof coffee everyday?
- 6 Is Bulletproof coffee a meal replacement?
- 7 What does Bulletproof coffee taste like?
- 8 Is MCT oil the same as coconut oil?
- 9 Is it OK to drink Bulletproof coffee while fasting?
- 10 Is keto coffee better for you than regular coffee?
- 11 Can you drink bulletproof coffee without doing keto?
- 12 Does bulletproof coffee put you in ketosis?
- 13 Does bulletproof coffee make you gain weight?
- 14 Can I use coconut oil instead of MCT oil in bulletproof coffee?
- 15 Does Starbucks make bulletproof coffee?
- 16 3 Potential Downsides of Bulletproof Coffee
- 17 What is bulletproof coffee?
- 18 What are the potential benefits of bulletproof coffee?
- 19 What are the potential downsides of bulletproof coffee?
- 20 Is bulletproof coffee good for you?
- 21 Now read
- 22 Bulletproof Coffee Recipe
- 23 What is Bulletproof Coffee?
- 24 How to make Bulletproof Coffee
- 25 Bulletproof Coffee Recipe
- 26 How does it work?
- 27 How to add Bulletproof Coffee to your daily routine
- 28 Additional Bulletproof Coffee Resources
- 28.1 1.Is Bulletproof Coffee Good For You? Why You Want Quality Fats in Your Coffee
- 28.2 2.The 5 Worst Things to Put in Your Coffee
- 28.3 3.Keto Coffee Recipes to Keep You Happy and Laser-Focused
- 28.4 4.Best Blenders for Bulletproof Coffee (and Other Hot Liquids)
- 28.5 5.How to Choose the Best Keto Creamer
- 29 Bulletproof Coffee – How to Make Bullet Coffee (HOW TO VIDEO)
- 30 Bulletproof Coffee Recipe
- 31 What is Bulletproof Coffee?
- 32 Benefits of starting your day with Bulletproof Coffee Recipe
- 33 How to Make Bullet Coffee – Step by Step
- 34 What makes this coffee recipe Keto Friendly?
- 35 Keto Coffee Variations
- 36 See More Coffee Recipes
- 37 How to Make Bulletproof Coffee in 3 Easy Steps – Whole30 + Vegan option
- 38 Why you’ll love this bulletproof coffee
- 39 How to Make Bulletproof Coffee in 3 Easy Steps
- 40 Step 1: Brew Your Coffee
- 41 Step 2: Choose Your Fats
- 42 A good ratio for making your bulletproof coffee is about 1 tablespoon of fat to 10-12 oz of coffee
- 43 Step 3: Blend Your Coffee
- 44 If you want to go beyond the basic formula and take your bulletproof to the next level here’s some ideas…
- 45 Adding adaptogens
- 46 Here’s a breakdown of the adaptogens I usually reach for
- 47 Flavor combinations and sweetener options for this 3 step bulletproof coffee
- 48 Now that we’ve covered HOW to make bulletproof coffee in 3 easy steps, let’s quickly discuss a few FAQ’S
- 49 What is bulletproof coffee?
- 50 Why should you drink bulletproof coffee?
- 51 Is bulletproof coffee healthy/good for you?
- 52 Is bulletproof coffee vegan?
- 53 Is bulletproof coffee Whole30 friendly?
- 54 Is bulletproof coffee hot or cold?
- 55 What does bulletproof coffee taste like?
- 56 Can you make bulletproof coffee without a blender?
- 57 Does bulletproof coffee break a fast?
- 58 Is bulletproof coffee sweet?
- 59 Recipe ideas for a special bulletproof coffee
Why is bullet coffee good for you?
According to research, MCTs (one of the main ingredients of bulletproof coffee) are metabolized quickly. This makes them an effective weight loss tool. Additionally, grass-fed butter has high levels of omega-3s, whose anti-inflammatory properties can improve energy levels, brain function, and gut health.
Why do they call it bullet coffee?
Asprey introduced the concept in 2011 and the name “Bulletproof coffee” came from the line of wellness products and supplements originated by Asprey.
What is the difference between bulletproof coffee and regular coffee?
The difference between bulletproof coffee and regular coffee is huge. “The drink is creamy and low in carbohydrates; however, the ingredients make it very high in fat and calories (about 450 calories a cup, while plain black coffee only has about two calories per cup),” Braun says.
What is bulletproof coffee diet?
Bulletproof coffee and supplements Bulletproof Coffee is a staple of the diet. This beverage contains Bulletproof-brand coffee beans, MCT oil and grass-fed butter or ghee. The diet recommends drinking Bulletproof Coffee instead of eating breakfast for suppressed hunger, long-lasting energy and mental clarity.
Is it OK to drink bulletproof coffee everyday?
When consumed alongside a healthy diet, Bulletproof coffee may help you lose weight and increase your energy levels. Just to be on the safe side, if you drink Bulletproof coffee regularly, you should have your blood markers measured to make sure you’re not raising your risk of heart disease and other conditions.
Is Bulletproof coffee a meal replacement?
Moderate coffee drinking may have health benefits, although adding large amounts of saturated fat to your coffee may not be good for the longer-term health of some people. As a meal replacement, bulletproof coffee makes a poor nutritional alternative to a balanced breakfast.
What does Bulletproof coffee taste like?
This tastes like a nuttier, rich, heavier, latte. Nuttier (in notes) based on the unsalted butter, heavier (in the mouth) due to the oil. Most find the flavor rich and often favor it once they’ve had it.
Is MCT oil the same as coconut oil?
MCT oil and coconut oil are oils that are high in saturated fats. MCT oil is a concentration of MCTs, while coconut oil comes from coconuts and naturally is a good source of MCTs. Coconut oil and MCT oil have similar properties, although both have their own benefits and risks.
Is it OK to drink Bulletproof coffee while fasting?
Besides taking this beverage while on keto, dieters are also curious to know if you can have this drink while fasting. Yes, you can. Bulletproof coffee is deemed effective while fasting, primarily intermittent fasting, because it has ingredients which increase your satiety levels.
Is keto coffee better for you than regular coffee?
In its simplest terms, what is the difference between regular coffee and keto coffee? Nothing. Regular coffee is keto coffee. However, you can choose to supercharge your coffee by adding some fat.
Can you drink bulletproof coffee without doing keto?
The bad news: it’s low in nutrients, high in saturated fat, and high in cholesterol. The bottom line: if you’re not on a keto diet, or if you grow “too fond” of the taste and the energy it provides, it’s probably not the right choice for you.
Does bulletproof coffee put you in ketosis?
Drinking Bulletproof Coffee also keeps you in the fat-burning state of ketosis. (That’s why some people call it keto coffee!) Like ketosis, one of the ways fasting works is because it keeps insulin levels low enough to keep your body in a fat-burning state. Carbs and protein require insulin in order to be digested.
Does bulletproof coffee make you gain weight?
So, while dietary fat is essential, it’s important to not overdo it. ” Bulletproof coffee could lead to weight-gain, particularly for those not following a ketogenic diet,” Spendlove said.
Can I use coconut oil instead of MCT oil in bulletproof coffee?
Coconut Oil: Contains natural saturated fat and also adds a great flavor to your coffee. I prefer coconut oil in bulletproof coffee but you can also use butter, MCT oil, or ghee.
Does Starbucks make bulletproof coffee?
You can get Bulletproof coffee at Starbucks by ordering a regular hot or sugar-free iced coffee and adding some heavy cream and butter. You also customize teas and other drinks at Starbucks to fit into your keto diet. Additionally, it’s also easy to make Bulletproof coffee and other keto drinks at home.
3 Potential Downsides of Bulletproof Coffee
Bulletproof coffee is a high-calorie coffee beverage that is meant to be consumed in place of breakfast. Two cups (470 mL) of coffee, two tablespoons (28 grams) of grass-fed, unsalted butter and one to two tablespoons (15 to 30 mL) of MCT oil are blended together in a blender until smooth. Dave Asprey, the inventor of the Bulletproof Diet, was the first to advocate the Bulletproof Diet. The coffee made and promoted by Asprey’s firm is said to be devoid of mycotoxins, according to the corporation.
It is becoming increasingly trendy, particularly among paleo and low-carb dieters, to drink bulletproof coffee.
Here are three potential drawbacks to drinking Bulletproof coffee.
Although Bulletproof coffee has a high amount of fat, which helps to suppress your hunger while also providing energy, it is deficient in key nutrients.
Even while grass-fed butter includes some conjugated linoleic acid (CLA), butyrate, and the antioxidant vitamins A and K2, medium-chain triglyceride (MCT) oil is a refined and processed fat that contains no vital nutrients.1 Replace your morning cup of coffee with Bulletproof coffee if you consume three meals a day, and you will likely cut your total nutrient consumption by roughly one-third.
- Although this will dramatically lower the total amount of nutrients in your diet, it is not recommended.
- However, while the health consequences of saturated fats are debated, many health professionals think that a high consumption is a significant risk factor for a variety of disorders and should be avoided ( 1 ).
- In spite of this, the majority of government dietary guidelines and health organizations recommend that consumers restrict their intake.
- You should restrict your intake of Bulletproof coffee if you are concerned about saturated fat or high cholesterol levels.
- SUMMARYBulletproof coffee contains a significant concentration of saturated fat.
- Many studies have been undertaken on low-carb and ketogenic diets, which are frequently high in fat — and may contain Bulletproof coffee — and have shown promising results.
- Other advantages are that your triglycerides and weight will decline while your HDL (good) cholesterol will increase ( 4 ).
Taking 50 grams of butter everyday for four weeks elevated LDL cholesterol levels more than consuming a same quantity of coconut oil or olive oil, according to one research conducted on 94 British people ( 5 ).
It was suspected by the researchers that it had something to do with the fat structure of the animal ( 6 ).
The total and LDL cholesterol levels, as well as other indicators of heart disease risk, are dramatically elevated in certain patients ( 7 ).
Bulletproof coffee is included in this category.
Bulletproof coffee should be avoided by persons who are suffering from high levels of stress.
Bulletproof coffee, when drank in conjunction with a balanced diet, may assist you in losing weight and increasing your energy levels.
You should get your blood markers checked to ensure that you are not increasing your risk of heart disease and other diseases if you consume Bulletproof coffee on a daily basis, just to be on the safe side.
It may be particularly enticing to persons following a ketogenic diet.
It is particularly popular among those who adhere to a ketogenic diet.
While Bulletproof coffee is not recommended for individuals with high cholesterol levels, it may be healthy for those who follow a low-carb or ketogenic diet, according to the author.
If you’re thinking about trying Bulletproof coffee, it’s a good idea to visit with your doctor beforehand to get your blood markers examined.
What is bulletproof coffee?
Despite the fact that high-carb, extensively processed breakfast alternatives such as cereals, toast, and pastries give an immediate energy boost, they can also cause blood sugar to fluctuate, leading to a yearning for more sugar. Bulletproof coffee, according to Dave Asprey, gives the energy you need to get through the day while also serving as a low-carb alternative to carb-heavy breakfasts.
What are the potential benefits of bulletproof coffee?
There has been a lot of study on coffee intake in general, but just a few studies particularly looking at the effects of bulletproof coffee, therefore more research is needed before we can come to any definitive findings. Bulletproof coffee is said to make you feel full, alert, and concentrated after drinking it. Although there have been no specific studies conducted to date on bulletproof coffee, it is well documented that drinking coffee in the morning can help you feel more awake and alert, improve short-term recall and reaction time, and thus improve performance, with the effects lasting for a few hours at the most.
- Bulletproof coffee contains lipids derived from butter and MCT oil, which are essential components.
- Along with providing calories, butter also contains fat-soluble vitamins A, D, and K.
- When it comes to people who follow a low-carb, high-fat diet, bulletproof coffee is a good fit since it includes no carbohydrates and the body turns the MCT oil into ketones.
- MCT oil is metabolized by the liver and absorbed swiftly by the body, providing a readily available source of energy for the body.
- Several recent research investigating low-carb, high-fat diets tend to imply that such diets may not necessarily raise your total and LDL cholesterol, on average.
- A ketogenic diet, according to the studies now available, appears to be related with some improvements in cardiovascular variables such as obesity, type 2 diabetes, and HDL cholesterol levels; however, these changes are considered to be short-lived.
What are the potential downsides of bulletproof coffee?
Having a bulletproof coffee instead of breakfast has several disadvantages, the most significant of which is that you are missing out on the opportunity to consume a nutritious meal. Instead, you’re ingesting a beverage that is heavy in fat but low in other essential nutrients. Most of the fats used in bulletproof coffee are largely saturated; for example, 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter has 12.3 grams of fat, with more than half of it being saturated. When paired with the necessary MCT oil, one cup of bulletproof coffee will provide more than your maximum daily reference intake for saturated fat (20g), as well as around 242 – 354 calories per cup (depending on the brand) (depending on the amount of butter added).
- High caffeine consumption over an extended period of time may cause the adrenal glands to get fatigued, which will have an affect on our endocrine system and, as a result, our hormonal balance.
- There has also been some evidence from animal research that the effect of caffeine on human adrenal glands may be particularly crucial at specific life periods, such as those associated with puberty.
- When it comes to bulletproof coffee, it is often drank first thing in the morning; however, some experts believe that it is best to wait until approximately 10 a.m.
- This is due to the fact that your natural cortisol levels often peak between 8 and 9 a.m., and the impact of coffee may be more effective when they begin to decline later in the morning.
Those who are sensitive to the effects of caffeine may find that regular use increases their anxiety levels, produces headaches, and causes sleep disruption. Furthermore, studies have found little evidence to substantiate the effect caffeine has on appetite reduction when taken alone.
Is bulletproof coffee good for you?
Although claims have been made that bulletproof coffee can help you lose weight by preventing hunger, increasing energy, and serving as a weight loss alternative to breakfast, there is not enough research to back these claims. In moderation, coffee consumption may be beneficial to one’s health; nevertheless, consuming significant levels of saturated fat while drinking coffee may be detrimental to one’s long-term health in some cases. Bulletproof coffee, when used as a meal replacement, is a nutritionally deficient substitute for a nutritious breakfast.
The current recommendation for those with high cholesterol is to avoid consuming an excessive amount of saturated fats, which includes butter.
Pregnant women are encouraged to limit their caffeine intake and to have frequent, well-balanced meals; thus, bulletproof coffee is unlikely to be an ideal beverage for them.
Is coffee beneficial to your health? Coconut oil has a number of health advantages. What are the health advantages of drinking water? How does it help you? The best coffee machines on the market This page was last updated on the 2nd of March, 2020. Kerry Torrens, BSc (Hons) PgCert, has a bachelor’s degree in science. MBANT is a certified nutritionist who has completed a postgraduate diploma in Personalised NutritionNutritional Therapy at the University of New South Wales. As a member of the British Association for Nutrition and Lifestyle Medicine (BANT) and the Guild of Food Writers, she contributes to a variety of publications.
Unless otherwise stated, all health content on bbcgoodfood.com is intended for informational purposes only and should not be considered a substitute for professional medical advice from your own doctor or any other healthcare expert.
For additional information, please see our website’s terms and conditions.
Bulletproof Coffee Recipe
- Bulletproof Coffee, also known as butter coffee or keto coffee, is an invigorating beverage that is created with high-quality fats to give you a boost of energy. It’s a fantastic instrument for providing nourishment for the intellect and the body. By drinking Bulletproof Coffee instead of a carbohydrate-heavy breakfast, you will feel satisfied and energized for several hours. To create it, combine freshly brewed coffee, MCT oil, and grass-fed butter or Ghee in a blender until smooth. Get the whole recipe by clicking on the link below.
Bulletproof Coffee is not your typical latte; it is the formula that made us famous, virtually overnight. Asprey’s Bulletproof Coffee is an invigorating, keto-friendly coffee drink that has helped everyone from motivated CEOs to professional athletes to busy parents get. more. done. Asprey’s Bulletproof Coffee was created to help people get more done.
What is Bulletproof Coffee?
There are various ways to eat that this powerful cup of coffee is compatible to, including the paleo, low-carb, and ketogenic diets as well as intermittent fasting and the OMAD diet (One Meal a Day). Thank you to our trademark blend of high-quality fats and high-quality coffee, Bulletproof Coffee helps you feel full, alert, and focused all day.
That ensures constant energy levels—and no collapse in performance. (Seriously!) Continue reading to learn everything there is to know about Bulletproof Coffee, including how to master the original Bulletproof Coffee recipe and how it fits into your daily routine.
How to make Bulletproof Coffee
This is more than just a simple cup of butter coffee. Bulletproof Coffee is simple to prepare; simply follow the directions in our original recipe. Recipes can be printed
Bulletproof Coffee Recipe
5 minutes from the beginning to the end
- 2 tablespoons Brain Octane C8 MCT oil
- 1-2 tablespoons grass-fed, unsalted butter or 1-2 tablespoons Grass-Fed Ghee
- 1 cup Bulletproof coffee (brewed)
- 1 teaspoon to 2 tablespoons Brain Octane C8 MCT oil
The following is a bulletproof tip: If you’re new to MCT oil, start with 1 teaspoon and gradually increase the serving amount over many days. You may also experiment with different amounts of butter (or Ghee) to see what works best for you.
- Using Bulletproof coffee beans, make 1 cup (8-12 ounces) of coffee
- Set aside. In a blender, combine the coffee, Brain Octane C8 MCT oil, and butter or ghee
- Mix until smooth. Blend for 20-30 seconds, or until the mixture resembles a creamy latte. Enjoy
Using Bulletproof coffee beans, make 1 cup (8-12 ounces) of coffee. In a blender, combine the coffee, Brain Octane C8 MCT oil, butter or ghee, and salt; mix until smooth. Make a creamy latte-like texture by blending for 20-30 seconds. Enjoy;
Nutritional Information (1 cup):
- 230 calories
- 25 grams of fat
- 21 grams of saturated fat
- 0 grams of carbohydrates
- 0 grams of protein
- 0 grams of fiber
- 0 grams of sugar
- 0 milligrams of sodium
Bulletproof Coffee Video
If you like to learn visually, we have something for you. Watch this video to learn how to create the delectable Bulletproof Coffee recipe at home: Bulletproof Coffee Recipe
Other ways to enjoy Bulletproof Coffee
Bulletproof is evolving along with the rest of the world, and we encourage you to do the same. For some of our OG friends and followers (we see you! ), the legendary Bulletproof Coffee recipe (also known as “butter coffee”) may be the most convenient alternative; but, for others, it may not be the most convenient option. Whether you’re always on the move or searching for a new way to enjoy our famous fat-fueled coffee, have a peek at our latest innovations:
- With a simple scoop of Bulletproof Original Creamer, which combines high-quality fats from grass-fed butter and MCT oil, you can start your day on the right foot. Make Bulletproof Coffee in minutes by tossing a packet of InstaMix Keto Creamer into your coffee—no blender necessary. Bulletproof Collagen Protein Powder should be added. If you’re searching for a collagen protein boost without the flavor, choose Unflavored. If you’re looking for a little of sweetness, go with vanilla. For those who enjoy cocoa powder in their coffee, try adding Chocolate to create a keto-friendly mocha that won’t cause a blood sugar drop. Do not want to spend time preparing your French press? Do you prefer cold brew coffee over hot coffee? Alternatively, you might choose for a ready-to-drink Bulletproof Cold Brew Latte, which has both energy-sustaining MCTs and collagen-boosting properties in every can
How does it work?
It turns out that the advantages of our distinctive trinity of hot coffee, butter, and Brain Octane C8 MCT Oil are supported by very compelling scientific evidence.
1. It all starts with quality coffee
Coffee is beneficial in more ways than one. In addition, it contains antioxidants. Caffeine not only helps you stay awake, but it can also help you burn fat for energy by increasing your metabolism. The quality of the coffee you drink is just as important as the quality of the food you eat: bad coffee may make you feel crappy, while the correct beans can offer you a competitive advantage.
About Bulletproof clean coffee beans
The finest is what you deserve, which is why you should always choose coffee beans that are free of toxins and sourced in an ethical manner. When it comes to Bulletproof, we use only 100 percent Arabica beans sourced from coffee farms in Colombia, El Salvador, and Guatemala to provide consistent roasts for coffee connoisseurs like you. When you purchase Bulletproof coffee beans, you can be certain that they have gone through the Bulletproof Clean Coffee Process, which assures that they are the following:
- Handled with extreme caution: It is a network of dedicated farmers who are enthusiastic about what they do that harvests and sorts our beans. Roasted to perfection: Our varied roasts are responsible for bringing life to our coffee beans. Every Roast, from Original to French Kick to The Mentalist (and more! ), has its own distinct flavor characteristics that show through in your morning cup—we’re all about those taste tests. Supported in a long-term manner: Because our Bulletproof coffee beans are certified by the Rainforest Alliance, we can help to bring about positive social, economic, and environmental change in our agricultural communities.
In addition, we serve a diverse range of coffee consumers. Whether you like whole beans, ground coffee, or ultra-convenient single-serve pods, we have four delectable roasts to choose from. (There are also decaf coffee beans!) In related news, check out Inside Bulletproof: How We Make Our Clean Coffee.
2. Why grass-fed butter?
Bulletproof Coffee’s unmistakably creamy consistency is owed to the use of grass-fed butter. It provides you with high-quality fats that help you stay full and fuelled throughout the day. You may use it to make the creamiest latte you’ve ever had by mixing it with other ingredients. Period. Not only that, but grass-fed butter contains butyrate, a small amount of Omega-3 fatty acids, the very necessary vitamin Vitamin A (in the form of beta-carotene), and the essential fatty acid CLA.
If you want a pantry-friendly choice that has little or no lactose, go no further than Bulletproof Organic Grass-fed Ghee.
3. Benefits of Brain Octane C8 MCT Oil in Bulletproof Coffee
MCT is an abbreviation for “medium-chain triglycerides” (we prefer the short version, too). MCT oil helps to increase ketone generation while following a ketogenic diet, and among the MCT oils available, Brain Octane C8 MCT Oilhas been clinically proven to be the best of the best. This high-quality fat is a key component of the Bulletproof Coffee formula because of its ability to:
- Purity: It contains only pure C8 (caprylic acid), which is obtained entirely from coconut oil. Brain Octane C8 MCT Oil is triple-distilled and filtered using just water, heat, and pressure, resulting in a high-quality product. This ensures that you receive pure, highly ketogenic C8 MCTs. (Get those ketones into your system! )
- Productivity: All of our MCT oils are manufactured in accordance with our stringent quality standards. Taste: It has no smell or odor, unlike some other MCT oils and regular coconut oil, which is great if you don’t like coconut-flavored items. It’s also good for cooking.
Breaking down the science
Different kinds of fats perform a variety of functions. Furthermore, due to the chemical structure of Brain Octane C8 MCT Oil, it is four times more powerful than regular coconut oil at elevating your ketone levels, allowing your body and brain to run on fat rather than glucose. This allows your body and brain to function more efficiently. (Score!) This is what provides you with long-lasting energy without the crash. The greatest thing is that, while MCT oil is really beneficial for keto dieters, you do not have to be in ketosis to reap the benefits of it.
Related: What is MCT Oil and How Does It Work?
How to add Bulletproof Coffee to your daily routine
There are various roles for different kinds of fats. It’s also four times more powerful than normal coconut oil at increasing ketone levels, allowing your body and brain to function on fat rather than glucose. And because of the chemical structure of Brain Octane C8 MCT Oil, it can help you lose weight faster. (Score!) When you have prolonged energy, you don’t have to worry about hitting a low point. However, while MCT oil is extremely beneficial for keto dieters, it is not necessary to be in ketosis for it to work.
MCT Oil is a kind of oil that is related to How to Take MCT Oil Supplements: A Comprehensive Guide
- Obtain the necessary ingredients: Bulletproof coffee beans, grass-fed butter (or Ghee), and Brain Octane C8 MCT Oil are among the ingredients. Take advantage of this Bulletproof Coffee Starter Kit. Bulletproof Coffee should be substituted for your usual breakfast: It may take your body some time to adjust to the extra fat, which is why our experts recommend sticking with our recipe for a full week to see the best results. Start with small amounts of butter and Brain Octane C8 MCT Oil and gradually increase the amounts until the recipe calls for the full amount. If you take a look at your macros and find that you require a little more than just Bulletproof Coffee for breakfast, go ahead and incorporate it into a lighter meal and proceed accordingly. Keep in mind that long-term lifestyle changes are a marathon, not a sprint. Continue to eat your lunch and dinner as you normally would: Alternatively, simply eat when you are hungry. Taking advantage of Bulletproof Coffee’s ketone-boosting properties makes it an excellent and satiating tool when following a low-carb, anti-inflammatory diet—which means limiting your intake of gluten, refined sugar, processed foods, as well as prioritizing healthy fats and high-quality proteins. But, as previously stated, you are not required to make the switch immediately. Start small, gauge how you’re feeling, and see how much you can get done with energy that lasts a long time.
To put it another way, understanding how to change your morning fuel source from sugar (sorry, carbohydrates) to fat is the first step. You’ll be glad you made the move when you’re able to stay focused and attentive for hours at a time!
What if I don’t drink coffee?
Many of the advantages of Bulletproof Coffee may be experienced without the consumption of a typical cup of coffee. Simply by adding grass-fed butter and Brain Octane Oil to almost any hot beverage, you can transform it into a creamy, frothy Bulletproof variation. If caffeine is a concern, try switching to decaf coffee to begin with. Alternatively, you may Bulletproof yourKeto Hot Chocolateand add a little stevia for a sweet treat that can be had straight away. If you prefer tea time, try our recipe for the perfectBulletproof Matcha Latte, which is sure to please.
Note: If you follow a plant-based diet, you may still reap the health advantages of high-quality fats in your coffee cup, according to this bulletproof tip. Try our Vegan Bulletproof Coffee recipe, which also contains prebiotics, which are beneficial to the stomach.
Additional Bulletproof Coffee Resources
Are you still hankering for more butter coffee goodness? Surprise, surprise: we have lots! Browse through the blogs listed below, which cover anything from the greatest keto coffee recipes to the health advantages of Bulletproof Coffee and everything in between!
1.Is Bulletproof Coffee Good For You? Why You Want Quality Fats in Your Coffee
Get started on your ketosis education now! Learn how Brain Octane Oil may help you stick to a ketogenic diet (and reach your fat macros), as well as some new and intriguing items to use into your daily mug of coffee or tea.
2.The 5 Worst Things to Put in Your Coffee
Still on the fence about whether or not to incorporate Bulletproof Coffee into your routine? You might want to think about the potential harm you could be doing to your brain and body by putting all of the incorrect stuff in your nice and fresh cup of coffee.
3.Keto Coffee Recipes to Keep You Happy and Laser-Focused
Trying to come up with new ways to spice up your cup of Bulletproof Coffee that are low in net carbohydrates? From iced to spicy to mocha and more, incorporate these delectable, healthy, and high-quality fat-packed keto coffee recipes into your daily routine to kickstart your metabolism.
4.Best Blenders for Bulletproof Coffee (and Other Hot Liquids)
Making a good serving of Bulletproof Coffee starts with having the correct tools in your arsenal. Understand the features that you should search for in a butter coffee-backed blender. Vitamix, Cuisinart, and Ninja are just a handful of the brands we adore.
5.How to Choose the Best Keto Creamer
The reality is that conventional coffee creamers aren’t what they’re cracked up to be. They include artificial sweeteners as well as low-quality fats, both of which are detrimental to the flavor of your coffee if consumed. Learn all you need to know about choosing a clean, keto-friendly creamer to help you achieve your weight reduction and wellness goals! Following your successful completion of Bulletproof Coffee 101, it’s time to level up your game! With these healthy butter coffee add-ins, you can take benefit of even more health-promoting components.
Subscribe to our Recipe Lab newsletter and have tasty recipes delivered to your inbox on a regular basis!
Bulletproof Coffee – How to Make Bullet Coffee (HOW TO VIDEO)
Bulletproof Coffee is a thick, creamy coffee beverage that is packed with beneficial fats. This Keto drink (also known as butter coffee) is created with coffee, grass-fed butter, and MCT oil, among other ingredients. “Bullet Coffee” provides a number of additional health advantages that are not available from plain black coffee. This dish is popular among those following a ketogenic or paleo diet, and it is supposed to improve weight reduction. Learn how to create bulletproof coffee, and make it your new go-to source of energy in the morning.
Bulletproof Coffee Recipe
Bullet coffee is a creamy, tasty beverage that will provide you with an abundance of energy. Whatever your reason for seeking for keto coffee or simply something different to start your mornings, this beverage is for you! This dish is quite simple to prepare, and it is absolutely delicious. Essentially, it is freshly brewed coffee combined with unsalted, grass-fed butter and MCT oil to create a delicious drink. In order to give it a little more taste, I also added some pink salt and ground cinnamon.
Because butter is used in place of milk or creamer, it produces the creamiest, most delicious cup of coffee ever!
What I really like about it is how creamy it is, and I also like how the cinnamon is added for an additional kick! Learn how to brew bulletproof coffee, which can provide you with a healthy energy boost and help you have a good start in the morning.
What is Bulletproof Coffee?
To put it another way, this recipe is brewed coffee combined with grass-fed butter and MCT oil, to taste. It is marketed as a coffee that would provide you with increased energy while also assisting you in your weight loss efforts. Because of the beneficial fats in this dish, it is a favorite among people following a paleo or ketogenic diet. It’s a delectable, thick, and creamy coffee beverage to get your day started! When it comes to nutrition and wellbeing, Bulletproof Coffee is a science-based strategy that has been tried, tested and shown to improve the quality of one’s life.
It’s critical to utilize the proper components, and fortunately, Bulletproof has us covered with everything we need to get our day off on the right foot!
Benefits of starting your day with Bulletproof Coffee Recipe
There are several advantages to drinking this beverage over other types of coffee, particularly for individuals who follow a paleo or ketogenic diet. Many individuals swear by the health advantages of preparing coffee with butter, and there is evidence to support this claim.
Benefits of Bulletproof Coffee:
- In most cases, coffee offers you a caffeine rush in the beginning, but it can also cause you to collapse later in the day. This formula will provide you with a longer-lasting and more consistent surge of energy. Healthy fats such as those found in butter and MCT oil assist to reduce food cravings, which are common while drinking coffee. As a result, theoretically, it might assist you in losing weight. I won’t go too technical, but MCTs are saturated fatty acids that digest more easily than other forms of fat, making them excellent for digestion. In general, the MCT oil in bulletproof coffee will make you feel fuller for longer periods of time, will give you more energy, and will give you a clear, concentrated mind
How to Make Bullet Coffee – Step by Step
Make sure to check out the recipe card below for the complete list of ingredients and directions! It’s really simple to create! It’s simple enough that you can prepare it every morning without having to take too many extra steps. Stock up on the required components (coffee, grass-fed butter, and MCT oil), and you’ll be ready to get your day started with a burst of energy in no time at all. I also added pink salt and ground cinnamon to the mixture to give it a little more flavor, but these are completely optional.
- Prepare a pot of coffee in the manner that you would typically do
- Blend the coffee, butter, MCT oil, and salt cinnamon (if using) in a blender until smooth. Blend till smooth and serve while still warm.
MCT is an abbreviation for medium chain triglycerides, which are also known as medium chain fatty acids. A common source of this type of fat is coconut oil or palm oil, which are both highly nutritious. Due to the fact that MCT oil has no color or smell, and it remains liquid at room temperature, it is ideal for blending into beverages such as smoothies and other dishes. It’s fantastic for giving you more energy and making your brain more alert! Other advantages of MCT oil include the following:
- Suspends appetite
- Provides rapid and clean energy
- May aid in the loss of undesirable fat
- And promotes immunological health.
Considering that pink Himalayan sea salt includes over 84 minerals and trace elements such as calcium and magnesium as well as potassium, copper, and iron, it serves a purpose more than simply seasoning food and cooking dishes. I really like the small kick (not to mention all the minerals!) it gives this dish, but it’s completely optional. You may make this dish more interesting by experimenting with other ingredients. Here are a few things we’ve tried in our morning routine that have worked for us.
- Ingredients such as unsweetened cocoa powder, protein powders, collagen peptides (affiliate link), and stevia or agave nectar for a touch of sweetness are all good options. More suggestions can be found on the recipe card.
What makes this coffee recipe Keto Friendly?
The ketogenic diet is characterized by its emphasis on high-fat, low-carbohydrate foods. Consequently, keto coffee refers to any coffee that is keto-friendly, i.e., a recipe that is high in healthy fats and low in sugars, as defined above. When following this diet, drinking black coffee is OK; but, adding healthy fats, such as those included in this bulletproof coffee recipe, makes it a better choice than ordinary coffee. Coffee with butter may seem unusual at first, but it isn’t quite as bizarre as it appears to be!
This assists in providing you with energy so that you do not experience a coffee crash. Butter also adds a rich, creamy texture to your coffee, making it perfect for a latte.
Keto Coffee Variations
Though this straightforward recipe is a go-to, there are several more keto coffee recipes that I enjoy as well. To get some changes and additional ideas, see myVanilla Keto Coffee Recipe and myCoffee Smoothie version(yes, a coffee smoothie!) of the recipe. I hope you will give this dish a try. Even while the advantages of bulletproof coffee should be plenty convincing evidence (good fats, consistent energy: sign me up! ), don’t forget that it is also really pleasant.
See More Coffee Recipes
This Bulletproof Coffee Recipe is our go-to caffeinated treat, but don’t forget to try some of our other faves, too! They’re guaranteed to transform anyone into a morning person. See All of the Coffee If you’ve never had butter coffee before, this is the perfect opportunity to do so. We guarantee that you will be pleasantly astonished by how wonderful it is, much better than milk or cream. Bulletproof Coffee is a thick, creamy coffee beverage that is packed with beneficial fats. It’s created with coffee, grass-fed butter, and MCT oil, among other ingredients.
It is popular among those following a ketogenic or paleo diet, and it is thought to aid in weight reduction.
Optional Quicker Ingredient (SEE NOTE)
- Blend all of the ingredients in a blender until they are completely smooth and well mixed. Serve as soon as possible. Enjoy
Notable optional additives include stevia, unsweetened cocoa powder, protein powders, sugar substitutes, collagen peptides, and many others. Calories: 268 kilocalories (13 percent ) 29 g of fat (45 percent ) 18 g of saturated fat (113 percent ) Cholesterol: 76 milligrams (25 percent ) Sodium: 1170 milligrams (51 percent ) Potassium: 166 milligrams (5 percent )
Claim your free ebook!
Subscribe to receive posts in your inbox as soon as they are published! In addition, you will receive our FREE booklet! Please Count Me In
How to Make Bulletproof Coffee in 3 Easy Steps – Whole30 + Vegan option
Bulletproof coffee is a mainstay in our family in the mornings, and it’s creamy and tasty too! Made with healthy fats and customisable with adaptogens and flavor combinations, this morning cup of joe will have a bit extra YUM to it. Today, I’m going to show you how to create bulletproof coffee in three simple steps so that you can get your day started on the right foot! I’m not going to lie to you. I can honestly say that discovering how to create bulletproof coffee in three simple steps AT HOME was nothing short of a life-altering event.
- Each and every time I entertained the notion of producing it myself, I ended up with more questions than I did with solutions.
- Is bulletproof coffee beneficial to your health?
- Is it necessary to use a blender to create it?
- Isn’t it delicious?
- What is the flavor of the drink?
As a result of my extensive research into the realm of bulletproof coffee (also known as boosted or butter coffee, depending on who you ask), I am pleased to report that when done correctly, bulletproof coffee is actually quite flavorful and satisfying. And it’s not difficult to put together.
Why you’ll love this bulletproof coffee
Imagine your morning cup of coffee being LUXE, creamy, and savory, with a rich richness that not only energizes you, but also fulfills every desire you have for what a morning beverage should be like. All of that is correct. Do you see why I’m so head over heels in love? It’s similar to a latte, but it’s actually much better. Possibly similar to how a latte tastes on its absolute finest day. A day when lattes are endowed with superpowers. So let’s put aside the daunting ideas and questions we have about bulletproof coffee and instead become EXCITED about it.
There are only three simple steps that you may play with to create a creamy cup of YUM that is uniquely yours.
How to Make Bulletproof Coffee in 3 Easy Steps
The most important ingredients in a successful cup of bulletproof coffee are: coffee, high-quality fat, and a blender. For those who want a bit more information on how to create bulletproof coffee in three simple steps, read on:
Step 1: Brew Your Coffee
Anywhere between 10 and 12 oz is a fair quantity — roughly equivalent to a standard-sized cup of coffee. Asprey from Bulletproof Coffee was the first person to bring bulletproof (or boosted) coffee to the attention of the general public, and Bulletproof now has a full range of branded retail items, including coffee beans that are certified clean and toxin-free, on the market. For those who are particularly sensitive to toxins, you may want to experiment with their beans, but it is not necessary to do so in order to make “bulletproof” coffee – you can just start with whatever coffee you normally brew on a regular basis.
Step 2: Choose Your Fats
When it comes to healthy fats, you have a wide variety of options. I usually use a combination of coconut oil and MCT oil, as well as a small amount of ghee, because it lends a very beautiful rich texture and flavor! However, you can use any of these that you have on hand and/or that you like.
A good ratio for making your bulletproof coffee is about 1 tablespoon of fat to 10-12 oz of coffee
Here are some suggestions for healthy fats to get you started:
- Grass-fed butter is a classic option, and the formula for bulletproof coffee is frequently referred to as butter coffee
- The nutritional advantages of grass fed butter may still be enjoyed by those who are lactose intolerant, thanks to the use of grass fed ghee. It adds a lovely texture as well as a rich taste. Coconut oil has anti-inflammatory and immune-boosting qualities, and it is a good source of fat. MCT / Brain Octane oil – A coconut oil product that provides a rapid rise in energy levels after consumption. If you’re new to MCT / Brain octane oil, start with a tiny amount at first because it might be uncomfortable on the stomach. You can start with one teaspoon and, as your body becomes accustomed to it, you can gradually increase the quantity you use
- Coconut butter – This ingredient imparts a characteristic creamy coconut taste. You may not be familiar with cacao butter, but it’s a particular fat that ought to be included in your pantry. When you blend it into your bulletproof coffee, it takes on the flavor of white chocolate. YUM
- Nut butters are best used in conjunction with a pure fat (such as coconut oil), but they do provide a wonderful taste and richness to dishes. A couple of my favorite spreads are almond butter and cashew butter.
Many of these bulletproof coffee fat choices may also be purchased on Thrive Market, a natural products membership-based store that is similar to Whole Foods Market but is fully online and offers the best wholesale pricing available. I’ve been a member of Thrive Market for four years, and throughout that time I’ve saved a total of $4,123.66, according to my calculations. That is a significant amount of money saved.
Step 3: Blend Your Coffee
To make the emulsion, place all of the ingredients in a blender and mix on high until smooth and emulsified. Pour yourself a steaming cup of this nutritious caffeinated beverage and sit back and relax. It’s truly that simple, believe it or not.
If you want to go beyond the basic formula and take your bulletproof to the next level here’s some ideas…
Blend the coffee and fats together in a blender on high until smooth and emulsified, about 30 seconds. Pour yourself a cup of this healthful caffeinated beverage and sit back and relax. It’s truly that simple, believe it or not!
Adaptogens are plants or herbs that have been shown to assist modulate the body’s stress response and immune system function. Essentially, they assist your body in ADAPTING to the stresses of daily life. It’s similar to the intelligent form of herbal supplements in that they adapt to what your body requires at any given time in order to manage your system. They may be an extremely useful tool for those who are dealing with auto-immune diseases, adrenal exhaustion, digestive difficulties, and hormone imbalances, among other things.
According to Tero Isokauppila, of Four Sigmatic, adaptogen supplements are superior than dietary supplements.
Some of the things I’ll discuss below are things I add practically every time, while others are things I add and remove during the day depending on how I’m feeling.
Here’s a breakdown of the adaptogens I usually reach for
- Collagen peptides – I virtually ALWAYS put a large scoop of this in my smoothies and shakes. For me, it’s a critical supplement in my daily routine because it helps to maintain nail strength as well as a healthy stomach, good hair, skin, and joints. When I go off the collagen wagon, I definitely see a change in the quality of my nails, complexion, and digestive system. While it is not a complete protein (and as such should not be used in place of a regular protein powder), it does include a diverse range of amino acids, which are the building blocks of our bodies. Maca powder — Also known as peruvian ginseng, this herbal supplement has recently gained a lot of attention for its health-promoting properties. It is well-known for its ability to alleviate some hormonal imbalances as well as increase energy levels. Ashwagandha powder — Also known as Indian Ginseng, this well-researched herbal supplement has been shown to increase stress tolerance, reduce anxiety, and increase low libido in studies. A large category of supplements, medicinal mushrooms include anything from Chaga to Reishi, as well as Lion’s Mane and other species of mushrooms. There are several benefits to each one, ranging from enhancing immunity to improving attention and physical performance. If you want to understand more about the various possibilities, go here. There are several instructional tools accessible on the Four Sigmatic Blog
- Turmeric is a brilliant yellow anti-oxidant-rich Indian spice that is well-known for its anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant effects. It is also used in traditional Chinese medicine. It is most effective when used with only a small amount of black pepper.
Flavor combinations and sweetener options for this 3 step bulletproof coffee
You have virtually unlimited options when it comes to adding taste to your bulletproof coffee, so be creative! Some of my favorite spices and flavorings are as follows:
- Cacao or cocoa powder — High in antioxidants and mood-boosting properties
- Cinnamon is a potent spice for suppressing sugar cravings and maintaining blood sugar balance. Cayenne pepper–to give it a little additional zing! Excellent when combined with chocolate and cinnamon to make a bulletproof coffee in the Mexican Mocha style. Vanilla extract is a classic flavor enhancer for coffee that has a comfortable feel to it. Almond extract– When combined with coconut butter, the addition of almond extract creates the sensation of eating a birthday cake for breakfast. Peppermint extract– A delightful peppermint mocha coffee may be made by combining peppermint extract with a small amount of cacao powder.
While sweetening your bulletproof coffee is entirely optional, it’s wonderful to have a little treat every now and again. Particularly if you’re adding a significant dose of adaptogens, which may be harsh in their own right. The following are examples of healthy-ish whole food sweeteners: In addition to Thrive Market, several of these adaptogens, sweeteners, and taste enhancers may also be obtained on Amazon.
Now that we’ve covered HOW to make bulletproof coffee in 3 easy steps, let’s quickly discuss a few FAQ’S
The first and most important thing to do is.
What is bulletproof coffee?
Bulletproof coffee is, at its heart, an emulsified (blended) beverage made from two fundamental ingredients: coffee and high-quality fat. Butter, ghee, coconut oil, or MCT (medium-chain triglyceride) oil are the most often utilized fats in cooking.
Why should you drink bulletproof coffee?
While I do not recommend that you replace a meal with bulletproof coffee, a creamy cup of this stuff is a great way to include more nutrient dense, good fats into your diet. Some people find that it also helps to slow down the absorption of caffeine, therefore reducing the crash that might occur after a large cup of coffee. Because it is high in beneficial fats and low in carbohydrates, it can not only enhance your energy levels, but it can also improve your ability to concentrate and eliminate brain fog.
When I’m trying to get some exercise in before going to work, a creamy cup of bulletproof coffee is my favorite way to get things started in the morning.
Is bulletproof coffee healthy/good for you?
A more general question is if you are comfortable with caffeine use in general. If you are, then the answer is most likely yes! Even while the fat in bulletproof coffee might inhibit the way the body processes caffeine, if you’re particularly sensitive to the effects of caffeine, adding fat to your coffee may not make a significant difference in your overall caffeine sensitivity level. If you are not a fan of caffeine but would want to give it a go, there is always decaf! Instead, you may “bulletproof” or “boost” a matcha latte–or any sort of tea–by mixing in some caffeine-free powder.
Of course, anything consumed in excess is harmful — one bulletproof coffee per day is a reasonable quantity.
Is bulletproof coffee vegan?
There are several instances where “bulletproof” or “boosted coffee,” sometimes known as “butter coffee,” is advertised, but it is not need to be brewed with butter. Use of coconut oil, MCT oil, cacao butter or cocoa butter ensures that the product is completely vegan.
Is bulletproof coffee Whole30 friendly?
Bulletproof coffee complies with Whole30 guidelines to a tee. As long as you exclude the sugar and solely use a dairy-free fat such as ghee, coconut oil, MCT oil, or any dairy-free alternative, you should be OK.
Is bulletproof coffee hot or cold?
It is available in both hot and cold varieties! MCT oil may be used to produce a cold version of this drink, which I like to have hot. When you prepare bulletproof coffee heated, you have a greater variety of fat possibilities to choose from. Due to the fact that it is liquid at room temperature and will remain emulsified with your coffee even when it is cold, MCT oil is the only fat that will work for a cold bulletproof beverage. If you add MCT oil to this creamy collagen enhanced iced coffee, you’ve got yourself a wonderful iced bulletproof coffee!
What does bulletproof coffee taste like?
When correctly blended, bulletproof coffee has a flavor that is similar to that of a thick and creamy latte. While it’s always possible to personalize it (which is something I frequently do), it’s also rather delicious in its most straightforward version. In my opinion, the most common error people make while making bulletproof coffee is not blending it sufficiently or not blending it for long enough to extract the most flavor from it. Without correctly blending the fat into the coffee, you’ll end up with a cup of coffee that has a coating of fat on top, which is not what you want.
Can you make bulletproof coffee without a blender?
Alternatively, do you need to blend bulletproof coffee? Technically, this isn’t true. The answer is yes, it will taste tenfold better if you do it. Yes, without a doubt. I normally use my blender, but if you don’t have one (or don’t want to bother with cleaning yours), a battery-operated milk frother is a terrific option. Amazon has a great milk frother that is less than $20 and is by far the greatest one I’ve ever used. Making bulletproof coffee or matcha lattes on the move is another wonderful use for this device.
According to what I’ve read, Magic Bullets are not meant to be used for hot beverages, thus using one instead of a blender is not suggested, but I haven’t directly tried it.
Does bulletproof coffee break a fast?
This is a question that will be debated. In addition to unsweetenedbulletproof coffee, many people who follow intermittent fasting incorporate unsweetenedbulletproof coffee in their fasting intervals. Others, on the other hand, might claim that the addition of fat breaks a fast because of the calories in the fats. So, to summarize, some people say yes, while others say no. For me, I’ve done intermittent fasting in the past and have included unsweetenedbulletproof coffee as a part of my fasting periods without experiencing any bad consequences.
If you’re interested in learning more about what the guys at Bulletproof Coffee have to say about the subject, here is a nice piece to read.
Is bulletproof coffee sweet?
Deliberations are underway on this issue. In addition to unsweetenedbulletproof coffee, many people who practice intermittent fasting incorporate unsweetenedbulletproof coffee in their fasting regimen. Many people, however, would argue that the addition of fats breaks a fast because of the calories in the fats. So, to summarize, some say yes, while others say no. For me, I’ve done intermittent fasting in the past and have included unsweetenedbulletproof coffee as a part of my fasting periods without seeing any negative effects on the health advantages of fasting.
However, this is only my opinion. In case you’re interested in learning more about what the guys at Bulletproof Coffee have to say about the subject, here is an excellent resource.
Recipe ideas for a special bulletproof coffee
A basic bulletproof coffee recipe is included in the recipe card below, but if you’re looking to spice things up a bit, here are some suggestions!
- Hot coffee with 1 tablespoon of fat, 1 teaspoon cacao powder, 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract or 1 drop of edible grade essential oil, and a sprinkling of sea salt makes a peppermint mocha. Coffee with maple syrup and vanilla extract (10-12 oz hot coffee + 1 tablespoon of fat + maple syrup to taste + 1 teaspoon vanilla extract + a sprinkling of sea salt) Spicy cinnamon: 8-12 oz hot coffee + 1 tablespoon of fat + a touch of cayenne pepper + 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon + a dash of sea salt = Spicy Cinnamon. Chocolate white – 8-12 ounces hot coffee plus 1 tablespoon cacao butter plus 1 teaspoon vanilla extract plus a sprinkling of sea salt
And that’s all there is to it, ladies! If you’ve made it this far into the post, I’d like to congratulate you. I realize that was a lengthy read, but I hope you gained some insight and feel more confident in your ability to create your own wonderful bulletproof coffee. Specify any queries you have in the comments section, as well as any unique recipes or combinations you’d want to offer! If you enjoy this dish, please spend 5 seconds to rate it in the section below — we would really appreciate it.
And if you prepare a dish from the blog, do take a picture and tag it with @nyssas kitchen on social media — I like seeing what you’re putting together from it.
This is the case, BABES! I’d want to congratulate you for making it this far in the post. Despite the fact that it was a lengthy article, I hope you gained some insight and feel more confident in your ability to prepare your own great bulletproof coffee. Specify any queries you have in the comments section, as well as any unique recipes or combinations you’d want to offer. Thanks! If you enjoy this recipe, please spend 5 seconds to review it in the comments section below — we much appreciate it.
Remember to take pictures and tag @nyssas kitchen on social media if you create one of the recipes from the blog — I LOVE seeing what you’re creating from the recipes on the blog.
- 10 – 12 ounces of freshly made coffee
- 1 tablespoon of high-quality fat of choice — butter, ghee, coconut oil, MCT oil, cacao butter, and cacao butter are all excellent options
- Optional: a pinch of sea salt (this is optional, but it does blend the flavors together nicely and helps to balance out some bitterness in the coffee)
- If you want to include adaptogens or herbs or vitamins or flavorings or sweeteners, you can do so (although it’s not required).
- 10–12oz mugs of freshly brewed coffee high-quality fat of choice (butter, ghee, coconut oil, MCT oil, cacao butter are all excellent options)
- 1 tbsp Optional: a pinch of sea salt (optional, but it does bring the flavors together nicely and helps to balance out some of the harshness of the coffee)
- It’s up to you if you want to include adaptogens, herbs, vitamins, flavorings, or sweeteners.
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Cooking time: 0 minutes Blender
Keywords:coffee, bulletproof coffee, enhanced coffee, coconut oil, ghee, butter, butter coffee, breakfast, warm drink, brunch, bulletproof coffee